Administrative assistance for families
The Luxembourg national health office, the Caisse Nationale de Santé manages care insurance. Decisions to provide benefits and allowances are the responsibility of the Cellule d’évaluation et d’orientation which is a public service under the authority of the Ministry for Social Services.
Care insurance benefits cover the costs and assistance required for dependant persons.
All persons who are affiliated to the national health insurance scheme have a right of access to care insurance.
The conditions for receiving care insurance are :
- to be a dependant (i.e. need someone’s help, be it by a professional or a family member, to perform basic functions as regards personal hygiene, nutrition and mobility)
- the need for assistance should be for a minimum period of six months or be irreversible
- the dependence must be so severe as to require assistance for at least 3.5 hours per week
- the need for assistance must be a consequence of illness
The Fondation Autisme Luxembourg acts as a go-between between families and the « cellule d'orientation et d'évaluation » for the following:
- advise and accompany the family when presenting the request for benefits from the care insurance
- accompany the family through all the steps of re-evaluation of benefits and allowances
- manage the administrative side regarding support hours granted, hours granted by the care insurance (psycho-social support, individual support for hygiene-mobility-nutrition, home care, advice to family and friends, etc.)
Further information is available on the following websites:
Forms for care insurance
Legislation : Book V of the Social Security code : Care insurance
Information notes on care insurance