Types of volunteer work
accompanying person at the Holiday stays with the fal
The plan with the 2021 holidays is now available and you can from now on register as an accompanying person :-) for the holidays for children, teenagers and adults with autism.
Your role as an accompanying person is very important and your commitment allows people with autism to spend good moments and pleasant holidays.
We have planned free one-day trainings which are an introduction to autism and how to work with TEACCH structuring. Do not hesitate to register for one of the courses by using the registration form.
As an accompanying person, you are entitled to an allowance of 25 € per day and 35 € per day if participation in the autism introduction training. All transport costs, accommodation, meals, activities, admission tickets are covered by the FAL.
If you are interested and you want to participate as an accompanying person then register yourself by sending us the registration form.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need volunteers:
- to cover market stands where we sell crafts
- to welcome visitors to big events such as concerts, World Autism Awareness Day, our Open Days, or at various cultural and sporting events
- to serve at table, operate the grill and make chips, clear the tables, look after children’s games, etc. on the occasion of our Open Days which are held every 2 years
And we would never refuse a helping hand for administrative work and dispatches in the run-up to these events! Please get in touch if you wish to help out!
We need people offering the following skills:
- Translators (all year round for letters, documents, booklets, website, brochures, etc.)
- Graphic designers (for flyers, invitations, leaflets, etc.)
- Cooks at Munshausen (to cook lunch for Day-care centre users, or to help with in-season jam-making)
- Drivers at Munshausen (e.g. to drive Day-care centre users to medical appointments or to pick up supplies)
- Pre-school or playschool teachers (Spillschoulsjofferen) with ideas for early learning games or crafts
- Gardeners to help with garden maintenance
- -Skilled workers for minor repairs
- Secretaries to set up databases and carry out administrative tasks
We are looking for reference persons to care for individuals with autism who have no family. As a godparent, you would have regular contact with the person with autism, go on walks together, go out together to buy clothes, or have a drink or meal together, i.e. be there for that person and provide him or her with social contact.
We are looking to set up long-term relationships with clubs, societies and businesses with a view to organising, for example:
- outings for our residents
- fundraising events
Businesses might consider such a relationship to be within the scope of their Corporate Social Responsibility policy (CSR)